get in touch with On The Go Plumbing
On The Go Plumbing technicians are licensed experts in:
- Emergency repairs of hot water systems
- Hot water system servicing
- Replacement of most electric & gas hot water systems
Manufacturers recommend annual maintenance which includes flushing your hot water system with cold water to clean out tank sediment. Flushing the water heater also keeps internal components clean and free from rust and mineral build up.
Is your hot water system about to give you trouble?
Discoloured water coming from your hot tap is a main indicator of a failing hot water system. Below we’ve listed more warning signs to look for. If your system is flushed annually, the issue is limited to the hot water taps (cold is ok), and if you notice one or more of the following signs, your hot water supply may be running into serious trouble. It’s best to call us to check it out to avoid unnecessary cost, down-times and stress:
- Rusted sections on the outside of your tank
- Constant dripping from the Temperature Pressure Relief Valve (TPR) valve located on the side of your tank
- Brown or discoloured water appearing in your bath or hand basin
- Running out of hot water more quickly than usual
- Lack of water pressure
- Fluctuations in temperature
- Dirty hot water
- Constant dampness or pooling water under the tank
- Visable corrosion at the bottom of the tank
- Excessive hot water-power consumption
Our plumbers and gas fitters are able to restore, maintain and replace your hot water system and tanks, no matter whether your system is Electric, Gas, Gas instantaneous or Solar / heat pump.
Keeping it safe: when to call in the experts
You can be proactive and avoid annoying hot water issues by checking the age of your tank.
One easy way is to check the white label on top of your tank: it will show the date of manufacture. The average lifespan of a tank is 8-12 years. Any tank close to or past this date should be carefully checked as it may be ‘on the way out’.